Monday, September 26, 2011

Wearing earplugs while doing any overhead or enclosed spaces.

by Dave Selover
(Sacramento, CA)

I personally wear earplugs welding any position. I am still able to hear and adjust welder for proper amp range. I think it gives you more confidence when welding overhead or vertical. It speeds up production time when you need to use a grinder. My friend lost his hearing in his left ear while welding overhead on a exhaust system. Welding slag dropped right into his ear canal. Safety speeds up production in any shop and possibly lowers your insurance rates. SAFETY=MORE MONEY.
DAVE SELOVER SEPT. 2011

-------------------------------------------------

I agree on the ear plugs. I have experienced a ball of fire in my ear once or twice and know I have lost some hearing over the years.

I also try to wear earplugs whenever I need them and when mig or stick welding to keep the fire out.

No comments:

Post a Comment