Sunday, September 25, 2011

sanitary weld - inside corner.

by RJ (shopdog)
(DePere, WI)

I TIG'ed some stainless salt pans for a food service company and I backed the corners with aluminum angle. Turned out real nice. Even though the job didn't require it yet,I would like to be ready to provide a nicely finished (NFS sanitary type) inside corner. I have a feeling they will be asking for it in the future. I run a Synchrowave 250 and use 2% lanthanted and 2% ceriated.
BTW smokin' site!

--------------------------------------------------

you can convert your aluminum angle to backing plates by drilling a bunch of holes to provide a path for argon. and then use some tubing on the back side also with a bunch of holes drilled on the back side along with some jb weld or devcon putty.

No comments:

Post a Comment